Skip to main content

My Top 6 Sean Connery Official James Bond Films

 

James Bond fans I thought that instead of producing another Review of a James Bond I would instead do something a little bit different. That being I would list my top 6 official Sean Connery James Bond films simply because this really hasn't been done as for ground rules i will only be covering films that Sean has starred in that belong to the off EON Productions produced James Bond films and so enjoy the post everyone.

6) Diamonds Are Forever


 
Now I have a kind of love hate relationship with this film since it was the first Sean Connery James Bond film I ever saw. On the flip side of that this is easily his worst official James Bond film in my opinion because everything that can go wrong does go wrong and while thus film might be more entertaining then Thunderball it's characters aren't memorable and how the film Blofeld is beyond laughable in my opinion.

5) Thunderball

Now I know that thus might be seen as controversial but in my opinion Thunderball is better then Diamonds Are Forever. Since Thunderball for all it's many faults is still memorable even if it is for all of the wrong reasons and to the films credit is doesn't treat it's main villain Emilio Largo (played by Adolfo Celi who was dubbed in the film by Robert Rietty) plus the film did give us the wonderful Fiona Volpe who was played by Luciana Paluzzi and the reason i'm not going into that much detail about this film is because i'm thinking about taking another look at the film and re-reviewing it in a few days time and so I don't want to be repeating myself should I do the review.

4) You Only Live Twice

The third to last James Bond film that Sean Connery starred in at least when it comes to the official James Bond film series that is anyways. I have very recently re-reviewed this film and so I won't go into that much detail here since I would just be repeating myself but this is a really fun Sean Connery James Bond film and while it's not the one that I think of when I think of good Sean Connery James Bond film it is the one that I think of if I just want to watch a James Bond film that's pure fun to watch or at least I think it's fun to watch.

3) Dr. No


Now this might seem wrong putting the very first James Bond film here but that's only because there are two Sean Connery James Bond films that I think are better and i've you've been working this out you'll know exactly what those two remaining James Bond films are. Dr. No deserves all of the love and attention that it gets because without it we wouldn't be waiting for No Time To Die to hopefully be released next year and this very blog and thus this very post wouldn't exist bottom line with Dr. No there is no James Bond film franchise either from EON Productions or from some other film company , Dr. No is placed here because everything that this film does is done ten times better in future James Bond films and not just Sean Connery James Bond films.

2) From Russia With Love


While I do have alot of love and respect for Dr. No if I was pushed I would say that From Russia With Love is the better film of the two. Since this film is shockingly well written and the film does a good job of not only setting up SPECTRE , Red Grant and Rosa Klebb but it also does a semi good job of handling the very freaking complex story and while like with all films this film does have it's fair share problems for me the things that the film does good far outweigh the thing it does bad.

1) Goldfinger


Goldfinger for me is the Bond film to beat all Bond films some people think that that honour goes to Skyfall and that's fine but nothing beats Goldfinger in my eyes. This film started so much of what we love and take for granted in the James Bond films like having the pre-title sequence be it's own mini mission or the fact that there are alot of gadgets both of these things started with this film and on top of that Honor Blackman is perfectly cast as Pussy Galore and the villain Auric Goldfinger is a classic and memorable James Bond villain there are many reasons as to why this film is the best Sean Connery James Bond film but if I listed them all then i'd be here all day.

All and in this case I truly mean all of the images that I used in this post were gathered from the official James Bond fandom wiki page. Since I only went to one website for the images  that I used in this post I have no choice but to recommend that you guys use the official James Bond fandom wiki page if you want images from and of the James Bond films be they from the official EON Productions James Bond film franchise or from another indepandently produced James Bond film.

















 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Russia With Love Film Review

The James Bond franchise is perhaps one of if not the most famous spy franchise in the whole entire world. With there being over twenty films in this still on going franchise and yet even so every single franchise has to start somewhere with alot of the thigs that we know and love about the James Bonds films oddly enough starting in this very film and so then join me as I review the film that sees the introduction of an iconic James Bond actor and an iconic James Bond villain with the film in question being called simply just "From Russia With Love" enjoy. The plot of the film is when a Soviet consulate clerk wants to defect James Bond is sent to assist her and he has to stop SPECTRE from getting there revenge on him for the death of a fellow SPECTRE agent. Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual plot that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt about the actu

My Personal Top 10 James Bond Title Songs

James Bond fans i'll straight up admit that I didn't want to review another James Bond movie so soon after reviewing two movies in a row. At the same time tho I didn't want to leave you guys without anything and so I spent a few minuets racking my brain on what I could do and I came up with something wholly original i'm going to list my personal top 10 James Bond title songs the key word there being personal so if your favourite songs isn't placed where you want it to be then just look back at that word and the same goes for if your favourite song isn't even featured and i'm not including the theme to Dr. NO because that's the iconic James Bond theme so of course it would be number one so here we freaking go. 10) A View To A Kill (Duran Duran) I'll straight up admit that I haven't seen A View To A Kill in a huge while but the song plays all the time on the radio so i've heard this song alot. To me this is a really solid song

The Spy Who Loved Me Film Review

Even tho the James Bond film franchise is pretty much box office gold today it wasn't always the case as back in the mid seventies the franchise was on the verge of dying out. With both Live And Let Die and The Man With The Golden Gun not getting really that good reviews and not doing that good at the office coupled with the fact that franchise co-producer Harry Saltzman had some serious debts of his own to pay off there really was alot of pressure on this film to succeed to prove to people that James Bond really can survive outside out of the sixties and so then join me as I review the film saved the James Bond franchise with the film in question being called simply just "The Spy Who Loved Me" enjoy. The plot of this film is James Bond is tasked with teaming up a Russian spy in order to stop a reclusive megalomaniac from creating a new world under the sea. Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual plot that's actually featured / presented