Skip to main content

Welcome To Japan, Mr. Bond Film Review

 



James Bond fans you've seen me cover pretty much every single EON Productions produced James Bond film. However there was for a long time one piece of James Bond film media that was produced by EON Productions that i've been unable to get my hands on a copy of that was until today and so here is my review of the very track down piece of James Bond film media with that little piece of James Bond film media being called simply just "Welcome To Japan, Mr. Bond" enjoy.

The plot of this special is Miss Moneypenny , her assistant and Q ponder what James Bonds current mission in Japan is all the meanwhile and unseen actress and presumably her agent try to get the actress a part in the next James Bond film production. Yes this film was basically made to promote the James Bond film You Only Live Twice however unlike most specials that are made to fit that exact same purpose this one actually had a plot and the plot of this special isn't that freaking bad either in my freaking opinion anyways / at least.


Now then returning in newly filmed scenes as there respective James Bond film characters are Lois Maxwell as Miss Moneypenny and Desmond Llewelyn as Q. As for what I thought about the acting that we got from these two James bond film actors well in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that there actual acting that's actually seen in this very film was really freaking and it really does help that both actors have such freaking wonderful chemistry with freaking each other in my really freaking opinion anyways / at least.

Also starring in this special are Kate O'Mara as Miss Moneypenny's Assistant and Patrick Allen as The Narrator. Now I would list who is playing the hidden actress and who is playing who I think is meant to be her agent but there listed anywhere soo it really is a mystery who is playing those two characters but as for what I personally thought / felt about the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this special well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very special was really freaking good with all of this special actors and actresses truly giving us some truly wonderful and possibly even memorable performances in my opinions anyways / at least.



Now then this one special right here gives us something that we'd have to wait decades to see and that's Q and Miss Moneypenny talking with each other together down in Q branch. That one little thing right there makes this special worth watching simply because at this point in time these two characters hadn't even shared the same scene together in any of the officially produced EPON Productions official James Bond film franchise and that's such a shame because it is kind of intriguing seeing those two a conversation with each other in my opinion anyways / at least. 


Now then as I stated very earlier on in this very review this special / short film was made basically to promote You Only Live Twice. However this special could just as well as be taking place during the actual events of You Only Live Twice since the whole plot of this special revolves around James Bond getting married and the fact that James Bond is away on a top secret mission but either way tho it's a really cool idea to have actual James Bond film actors reprise their roles for something that so few people are actually going to see in my opinion anyways / at least.

So now then pretty all specials that are made to promote either a movie or a TV show or whatever these days will usually have the cast talk about the making of whatever it is that they are promoting at that exact / precise moment in time. However this special goes one step beyond that by having the actors appear in character which means that we get to hear new lines of dialog from Miss Moneypenny and that we get to hear new lines of dialog from Q and this is something that every single die hard James Bond fan would / will love to freaking see in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Now then this film does actually include a rather subtle reference of what would become the next James Bond film On Her Majesty's Secret Service. Whether or not the producers of both this special and f the official James Bond film franchise / series knew that they would be adapting On Her Majesty's Secret Service next for film I cannot say for sure but there rumours online that was indeed the case and if those rumours are indeed that I have to give the makers of this special credit for telling us what the next James Bond film is going to freaking be in very freaking subtle way in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

So now then this very special has / had an exact freaking running time of exactly fifty minuets and two seconds. Which in all I all honesty thought this specials exact grand old running time was a bit on the long side for this special since all this special is is basically a glorified clip show and nothing more then and as such I really don't / do not see why this special couldn't have been at the very thirty freaking minuets long in my opinions anyways / at least. 


So now then I have to talk about the fact that this special seems to get confused over which characters are alive and which characters are dead. Since when they are talking about who Bonds wife in You Only Live Twice might be Miss Moneypenny mentions Fiona Volpe who was not only a villain in her first ad only appearance in the franchise but she also died in the exact same film and she does it with Rosa Klebb as well but it came across the makers of this special and of the James Bond film franchise / film series simply didn't care about the continuity between the two products in my opinions anyways / at least.


Overall this was a rally intriguing special for me to watch and it's one that i'm glad that I can now finally check of my every growing and seemingly never freaking list of things to freaking watch and then thus review as well in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. Now then i've talked about all of the good and as well as all of the bad things that are un this very special in this very review and thus that means that as such this very special earns itself a freaking grand old score of exactly a 6.5 out of 10 from me.

Now then as for where I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review well then boys and girls and a well as ladies and gentlemen I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very freaking review from the official James Bond fandom wiki page and Google Images. With my personal favourite website to use to get the images that I used in this very review being Google Images just simply due to the fact that pretty much all of the images that are featured / presented to us and are currently up and also on Google Images are all fairly high quality and as well as being fairly high definition and boys and girls just like James Bond I will return.


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Russia With Love Film Review

The James Bond franchise is perhaps one of if not the most famous spy franchise in the whole entire world. With there being over twenty films in this still on going franchise and yet even so every single franchise has to start somewhere with alot of the thigs that we know and love about the James Bonds films oddly enough starting in this very film and so then join me as I review the film that sees the introduction of an iconic James Bond actor and an iconic James Bond villain with the film in question being called simply just "From Russia With Love" enjoy. The plot of the film is when a Soviet consulate clerk wants to defect James Bond is sent to assist her and he has to stop SPECTRE from getting there revenge on him for the death of a fellow SPECTRE agent. Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual plot that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt about the actu

My Personal Top 10 James Bond Title Songs

James Bond fans i'll straight up admit that I didn't want to review another James Bond movie so soon after reviewing two movies in a row. At the same time tho I didn't want to leave you guys without anything and so I spent a few minuets racking my brain on what I could do and I came up with something wholly original i'm going to list my personal top 10 James Bond title songs the key word there being personal so if your favourite songs isn't placed where you want it to be then just look back at that word and the same goes for if your favourite song isn't even featured and i'm not including the theme to Dr. NO because that's the iconic James Bond theme so of course it would be number one so here we freaking go. 10) A View To A Kill (Duran Duran) I'll straight up admit that I haven't seen A View To A Kill in a huge while but the song plays all the time on the radio so i've heard this song alot. To me this is a really solid song

The Spy Who Loved Me Film Review

Even tho the James Bond film franchise is pretty much box office gold today it wasn't always the case as back in the mid seventies the franchise was on the verge of dying out. With both Live And Let Die and The Man With The Golden Gun not getting really that good reviews and not doing that good at the office coupled with the fact that franchise co-producer Harry Saltzman had some serious debts of his own to pay off there really was alot of pressure on this film to succeed to prove to people that James Bond really can survive outside out of the sixties and so then join me as I review the film saved the James Bond franchise with the film in question being called simply just "The Spy Who Loved Me" enjoy. The plot of this film is James Bond is tasked with teaming up a Russian spy in order to stop a reclusive megalomaniac from creating a new world under the sea. Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual plot that's actually featured / presented