Skip to main content

On Her Majesty's Secret Service Film Review

 



James Bond fans it's been a little while since I last spoke about a James Bond film and well I thought that now was the absolutely right time to talk about another James Bond film classic. The film that i'm about to review for you all today is perhaps the darkest of the sixties James Bond film and is alot more darker then what I actually remember it being and so then join me as I review the film that saw James Bond getting married with the film in question being called simply just "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" enjoy.

The plot of this film is James Bond is tasked with finding out more information about some allergy research going on in the Swiss Alps. Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual plot that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual plot that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty not that bad and this film really did keep me guessing every step of the way interms of it's plot in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Of course starring in this film is George Lazenby as James Bond , Lois Maxwell as Miss Moneypenny and Bernard Lee as M. Also starring in this film is the late and the most certainly great Desmond Llewelyn as Q. Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actually acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty really good with George Lazenby turning in a rather fine in his one and only appearance as James Bond in my freaking opinions anyways /at least.

Starring as apart of this films guest cast is Dame Diana Rigg as Countess Tracy Di Vicenzo and Telly Savalas as Ernst Stavro Blofeld. Also starring as apart of this films guest cast is Gabriele Ferzetti as Marc-Ange Draco , Ilse Steppat as Irma Bunt , George Baker as Sir Hilary Bray and Angela Scoular as Ruby Bartlett. Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty really good with Dame Diana Rigg as per usual turning in a really good performance in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


This films bond girl is Countess Tracy Di Vicenzo whom as i've just mentioned is played rather wonderfully by Dame Diana Rigg. I have to admit that I really did like this character since she came across as being a strong and fully formed character who was also rather well written however this character really wasn't that interesting to me since there was no threat to her life with her even being out in public and that made her a much less freaking interesting character in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


There's no way that I can talk about this film and not talk about the death of Countess Tracy Di Vicenzo since this characters death is really that shocking. Part of what makes this characters death work is the fact that we the audience really do like this character and we want to see her and James Bond have a happy ending together and so then to see that be ripped away from them makes it all the more shocking and all the more sad in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

I have to admit that even tho i'm someone who really doesn't like romance movies all that much I really did enjoy the romance in this film. Since we actually got to see their relationship develop from acquaintances to friends to boyfriend and girlfriend and it's all done over the cause of the film and it's all done in a way that feels naturel and organic and not forced at all in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.   


Out of the two films this film handled the whole death of a major character so much better then No Time To Die did. Since the death in this film came out of nowhere and was shocking and raw where as the death in No Time To Die didn't feel like it was real since it was all done with computers and because of that there was no raw emotion coming from the scene which for the death of a major character is a really major issue in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

Not really helping No Time To Die at all is the fact that it didn't sign post the fact that a major character was going to die every few minuets. Which just took away from the impact of James Bonds death because we all knew that a major character was going to die where as in this film they only mention the phrase "we've got all the time in the world" once or twice and even then that was only done after Tracy's death and not hours before it happened which makes the death in this film so much better then the one in No Time To Die in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.  


Doing the production design for this film is Syd Cain and if i'm being honest I have very mixed feelings abut the sets that he created for this film. Since some of the sets that he created for this film looked really good and are genuinely rather impressive but then again there are alot of sets that he created for this film that just look rather flat and bring and they look like that they don't belong in a James Bond film in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

The main song for this film is "We Have All the Time in the World" which is sung rather wonderfully by Louis Armstrong. I say that this is the main song for the film as it doesn't play over the films opening credits infact I don't think it plays at all in the film but is still a wonderful song and it's one that perfectly captures the mood and the tone that this film is going for the Louis Armstrong's vocals really do help sell you on just how wonderful this song well and truly is in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.  


Doing the opening titles for this film is of course James Bond opening titles regular the late and the great Maurice Binder. Wit this films opening titles using elements from the previous five James Bond films which I really liked but at the exact time tho it did remind that I could be watching much more better James Bond films and not helping things is the fact that this film opening titles are just rather flat , uninteresting and are fairly freaking boring as all freaking heck in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

Now then while I cannot for the absolutely life of me remember whatever this films exact grand total running time even was I do know that for a fact that this film has / had a rough running time of roughly two hours and sixteen minuets. Which is an incredibly long running time for this film to have and as such this film does feel a bit on the long side which will always be a very bad thing indeed in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.



So mow then since this is an action film that means that I have to actually talk about the actual action that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film and well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual action that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty really good. With this films action doing a very good job of making George Lazenby look good however the editing in this films action scenes is so bad some times that it's hard to make out what's actually going on in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Overall this film is not only a good James Bond film but it's also a good film in general and it's also a film that's so much freaking darker then what I remember it being in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. Now then i've talked about all of the good and as well as all of the bad things in this very film in this very review and as such that means that this very film erns itself a grand old score of exactly an 8 out of 10 from me.

Now then as for where I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review well then boys and girls and as well as ladies and gentlemen I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review from Wikipedia , the official James Bond fandom wiki page and Google Images. With my personal favourite website to use to get the images that I used in this very review being the official James Bond fandom wiki page just simply due to the fact that pretty much all of the images that are featured / presented to us and are currently up and also on the official James Bond fandom wiki page are all fairly high quality and as well as being fairly high definition and well then boys and girls just freaking like James Bond I will return.






















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Russia With Love Film Review

The James Bond franchise is perhaps one of if not the most famous spy franchise in the whole entire world. With there being over twenty films in this still on going franchise and yet even so every single franchise has to start somewhere with alot of the thigs that we know and love about the James Bonds films oddly enough starting in this very film and so then join me as I review the film that sees the introduction of an iconic James Bond actor and an iconic James Bond villain with the film in question being called simply just "From Russia With Love" enjoy. The plot of the film is when a Soviet consulate clerk wants to defect James Bond is sent to assist her and he has to stop SPECTRE from getting there revenge on him for the death of a fellow SPECTRE agent. Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual plot that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt about the actu

My Personal Top 10 James Bond Title Songs

James Bond fans i'll straight up admit that I didn't want to review another James Bond movie so soon after reviewing two movies in a row. At the same time tho I didn't want to leave you guys without anything and so I spent a few minuets racking my brain on what I could do and I came up with something wholly original i'm going to list my personal top 10 James Bond title songs the key word there being personal so if your favourite songs isn't placed where you want it to be then just look back at that word and the same goes for if your favourite song isn't even featured and i'm not including the theme to Dr. NO because that's the iconic James Bond theme so of course it would be number one so here we freaking go. 10) A View To A Kill (Duran Duran) I'll straight up admit that I haven't seen A View To A Kill in a huge while but the song plays all the time on the radio so i've heard this song alot. To me this is a really solid song

The Spy Who Loved Me Film Review

Even tho the James Bond film franchise is pretty much box office gold today it wasn't always the case as back in the mid seventies the franchise was on the verge of dying out. With both Live And Let Die and The Man With The Golden Gun not getting really that good reviews and not doing that good at the office coupled with the fact that franchise co-producer Harry Saltzman had some serious debts of his own to pay off there really was alot of pressure on this film to succeed to prove to people that James Bond really can survive outside out of the sixties and so then join me as I review the film saved the James Bond franchise with the film in question being called simply just "The Spy Who Loved Me" enjoy. The plot of this film is James Bond is tasked with teaming up a Russian spy in order to stop a reclusive megalomaniac from creating a new world under the sea. Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual plot that's actually featured / presented