Skip to main content

A View To A Kill Film Review

 



James Bond fans getting the final James Bond film for a James Bond actor right is always going to be a challenge and sadly it's one that so few have actually gotten right so far and well it's one of those films that i'm going to be taking a look at today. So join me as I review the film that is the final James Bond film for both Sir Roger Moore and Lois Maxwell with the film is question being called simply just "A View To A Kill" enjoy.

The plot of the film is James Bond is tasked with stopping a psychopathic industrialist who wants to destroy Silicon Valley to gain a monopoly in the microchip market. Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual plot that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual plot that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty not that bad but the issue is tho that this films plot is so similar to that of Goldfinger that it makes you wonder why the makers of this film couldn't come up with a much better plot for Sir Roger Moore's final James Bond film since this plot just isn't that good in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Of course starring in this film is Sir Roger Moore as James Bond , Desmond Llewelyn as Q and Robert Brown as M. Also starring in this film is Walter Gotell as General Anatoly Gogol , Lois Maxwell as Miss Moneypenny and Geoffrey Keen as Sir Frederick Gray. Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty not that bad with all of the main MI6 regulars doing their usual schtick and nothing more then that in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

Starring as a part of this films guest cast was Tanya Roberts as Stacey Sutton and Grace Jones as May Day. Also starring as a part of this films guest cast is Patrick Macnee as Sir Godfrey Tibbett , Christopher Walken as Max Zorin , Patrick Bauchau as Scarpine , David Yip as Chuck Lee , Papillon Soo Soo as Pan Ho , Fiona Fullerton as Pola Ivanova and Alison Doody as Jenny Flex. Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty really good with all of this films cast turning in some really good performances in this film in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. 


This films does technically have two Bond girls with the first one being Stacey Sutton who is played by the stunning Tanya Roberts. I have to admit that I really didn't like this character just because I found her to be rather annoying with her just screaming for Bond alot of the time which is fine for one scene but when that makes up ninety percent of the characters dialog then it starts to get annoying and old really really fast in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


This films other Bond girl is May Day who is played by the seriously stunning former model Grace Jones. I have to admit that I preferred this character to that of Stacey simply because of the fact that this character is actually a well written character and someone who has a bit of a character arc and it really does help that all of her dialog isn't just screaming for Bond's help as well in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

I have to admit that seeing May Day die at the end was a bit of a sad ending simply because she was the better bond girl in this film. However at the same time tho it also made sense since at that point she'd become driven by revenge because of the fact that Max left her to die and her helping Bond to stop his scheme was her way of getting back at him for leaving her to die in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


For some reason this film gives us yet another new comedy Sheriff character but it just doesn't work at all because all it did was remind me of the much better Sheriff J.W. Pepper. Since all of his jokes were actually funny and he was actually likable where as this new comedy Sheriff isn't that likable and his jokes just aren't that funny since all of his jokes just consist of him moaning to people and pulling a funny face and that's really it iin my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

Heck they could have even brought back Sheriff J.W. Pepper for this film which would have been nice since he was in the very first Sir Roger Moore James Bond and so having him back for this one would have been a pretty nice thing to see. Heck you wouldn't even need stretch that far for a reason as to why he's there since all you would gave to do is say that he transferred to a new police station and that's it and that would have made alot more sense that having him show up on holiday in a place where that character would never go on holiday to like they did in The Man With The Golden Gun in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. 


Sir Roger Moore himself even admitted that this is his least favourite of the James Bond films that he starred in and yeah I can kinda see why. Since Sir Roger Moore was in his mid to late fifties when he started filming for this film and so he felt like that his Bond shouldn't be flirting with this films bond girls who are both young enough to be his daughter and and that really does make alot of sense and as such that makers of this film should have recast the role of James Bond or they should have cast much more older actresses for both Stacey Sutton and for May Day as well in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

I personally didn't get any kind of chemistry between Bond and any of the young women that Bond gets with in this film. As such any and all of the romantic scenes in this film just fall flat because of the fact that I just didn't buy that Bond was falling in love with any of the women that he gets with in this film which is a shame because of the fact that some of those scenes are also key plot points and when you can't buy into the romance then the film really does start to fall apart at the seams in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. 


Doing the production design for this film is of course Peter Lamont and I have to admit that I really did like the sets that he created for this film. Since to me the sets that he created for this film looked like that they fitted in perfectly with the world of the Sir Roger Moore James Bond since these sets are cartoonish and are a little bit out there which is also the case for the later Sir Roger Moore James Bind films as well in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

This was the last film that starred the great Lois Maxwell as Miss Moneypenny and yeah I can kind of see why they replaced her in the next film. Since both she and Sir Roger Moore look just really old and as such they both don't look that believable in their roles anymore which is a shame because they both do turn in some great performances in this film but there had to be a time when these actors had to be let go and that film just wasn't this film it was with the film Octopussy in my freaking opinions anyways  / at least.


This films opening title song is also called A View To A Kills and is sung rather well by the band Duran Duran. I really do like this song since it's such a stark difference from all of the love ballads that we'd been getting with the past few Sir Roger Moore James Bond films with this song being a rock type of song and it's a song that really does work well for this film and it doesn't date this film at all in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

Doing this films opening titles is of course the late and the most certainly great Maurice Binder and well I really didn't like the opening titles that he created for this film. Since there's nothing that's all that visually interesting about this films opening titles which is a shame because Maurice Binder created some truly memorable James Bind opening film titles and so to him running out of steam here in this very freaking film is a sad thing to see and to behold as well in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. 



Interms of this films villain I really did like Max Zorin simply because of the fact that Christopher Walken is just so enjoyable to watch in this film. However it's also because of the fact that this films villain is genuinely quite insane espically by the end of the film and while his plan is a little out there even for a James Bond film it's a plan that works well enough for this films villain and a plan that could only work in this film in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

Now then I cannot for the absolutely life of me remember whatever this films running time even was I do know that for a fact that this film has / had an exact grand total running time of roughly two hours and five minuets. Which is kind of the bog standard running time for these much more later Sir Roger Moore James Bond films and to this films credit this film does have some really good pacing to it and it really doesn't feel that like that it's been really all of that long at all in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


So now then since this is an action film that means that I have to actually talk about the actual action that's actually featured / presented to us  in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual action that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty really good. However what lets this films action down is the fact that you can tell when there using a stunt double for Sir Roger Moore and that really does take you out of the film in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Overall I can very easily see why Sir Roger Moore doesn't like this film as much as say Octopussy for example however tho if you treat this film as a parody of the James Bond film franchise this film does oddly work in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. Now then since i've talked about all of the good and as well as all of the bad things that are in this very film in this very review and as such that means that this very film erns itself a grand old score of exactly a 5 out of 10 from me.

Now then as for where I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review well then boys and girls and as well as ladies and gentlemen I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review from IMP Awards . Com , the official James Bond fandom wiki page and Google Images. With my personal favourite website to use to get the images that I used in this very review being the official James Bond fandom wiki page just simply due to the fact that pretty much all of the images that are featured / presented to us and are currently up and also on the official James Bond fandom wiki page are all fairly high quality and as well as being fairly high definition and well then boys and girls just freaking like James Bond I will return.




























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Russia With Love Film Review

The James Bond franchise is perhaps one of if not the most famous spy franchise in the whole entire world. With there being over twenty films in this still on going franchise and yet even so every single franchise has to start somewhere with alot of the thigs that we know and love about the James Bonds films oddly enough starting in this very film and so then join me as I review the film that sees the introduction of an iconic James Bond actor and an iconic James Bond villain with the film in question being called simply just "From Russia With Love" enjoy. The plot of the film is when a Soviet consulate clerk wants to defect James Bond is sent to assist her and he has to stop SPECTRE from getting there revenge on him for the death of a fellow SPECTRE agent. Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual plot that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt about the actu

My Personal Top 10 James Bond Title Songs

James Bond fans i'll straight up admit that I didn't want to review another James Bond movie so soon after reviewing two movies in a row. At the same time tho I didn't want to leave you guys without anything and so I spent a few minuets racking my brain on what I could do and I came up with something wholly original i'm going to list my personal top 10 James Bond title songs the key word there being personal so if your favourite songs isn't placed where you want it to be then just look back at that word and the same goes for if your favourite song isn't even featured and i'm not including the theme to Dr. NO because that's the iconic James Bond theme so of course it would be number one so here we freaking go. 10) A View To A Kill (Duran Duran) I'll straight up admit that I haven't seen A View To A Kill in a huge while but the song plays all the time on the radio so i've heard this song alot. To me this is a really solid song

The Spy Who Loved Me Film Review

Even tho the James Bond film franchise is pretty much box office gold today it wasn't always the case as back in the mid seventies the franchise was on the verge of dying out. With both Live And Let Die and The Man With The Golden Gun not getting really that good reviews and not doing that good at the office coupled with the fact that franchise co-producer Harry Saltzman had some serious debts of his own to pay off there really was alot of pressure on this film to succeed to prove to people that James Bond really can survive outside out of the sixties and so then join me as I review the film saved the James Bond franchise with the film in question being called simply just "The Spy Who Loved Me" enjoy. The plot of this film is James Bond is tasked with teaming up a Russian spy in order to stop a reclusive megalomaniac from creating a new world under the sea. Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual plot that's actually featured / presented