Skip to main content

Diamonds Are Forever Film Review

 



James Bond fans usually when a James Bond actor leaves the role of James Bond they usually get one final film. However that was not the case with Sir Sean Connery who got not one not two but three final James Bond films and it's one of those films that i'm going to be talking about today and so then join me as I review the film that is one of the many final James Bond films for Sir Sean Connery with the film in question being called simply just "Diamonds Are Forever" enjoy.

The plot of this film is James Bond is tasked with stopping a diamond smuggling ring and uncovers a plot by an old enemy. Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual plot that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual plot that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty not that bad with this films plot being the stereotypical James Bond affair and nothing more then that in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Of course this film was the final "official" James Bond to star Sir Sean Connery as James Bond and Bernard Lee as M. Also starring in this film is Desmond Llewelyn as Q and Lois Maxwell as Miss Moneypenny. Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty not that bad with the MI6 regulars doing there typical schtick and nothing more then that in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

Starring in this films guest cast we have Jill St. John as Tiffany Case and Charles Gray as Ernst Stavro Blofeld. Also starring in this films guest cast is Lana Wood as Plenty O'Toole , Jimmy Dean as Willard Whyte , Bruce Cabot as Albert R. 'Bert' Saxby , Bruce Glover as Mr. Wint and Putter Smith as Mr. Kidd. Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the overall acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty not that bad with all of this films cast making the most of what little the script gives them to work with in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


The main Bond girl for this film of course Tiffany Case who is played by the seriously stunning Jill St. John. However this is a character of two halves for me since in the first half of this film this character is written to be a strong willed and filled to the brim with street smarts however by the time the films epic third act battle comes along she is written to be nothing more then a ditzy character who is always in need of rescuing and that clashes with how the character was written for the most part of this film in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. 


On the flip side of this we have Plenty O'Toole who is played rather wonderfully by the seriously stunning Lana Wood. Who is always written to be this strong willed kind of character who despite lacking a few brain cells is quite street smart and she remains like this all throughout her entire short time in this film and so then it really does make me wonder why Tiffany was changed near the end of the film since we were well on our to getting another truly memorable Bond girl in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

I will say that out of the two characters tho Tiffany Case is quite easily the more entertaining one of the two. However this might be because we actually get to see alot more of her then we do Plenty but even so i'd much rather see more of the earlier version of the Tiffany then the one we get near the end of the film since at least then you'd know that she'd be able to handle herself in a fight should the need arise that is in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Doing the production design for this film is of course the late and the most certainly great Sir Ken Adam. Who creates some truly wonderful sets for this film altho I have to admit that the sets that he created for this film aren't his best work and they do feel a little bland at times but that just goes to show you that even when this man isn't putting out his best work he's still doing a better job then a lot of the more modern day freaking James Bond film production designers in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

I just simply gave to talk about the fact that they put Blofeld the greatest James Bond villain ever in drag. Simply because it doesn't work for this character since this version of the character is essentially creating clones of himself and so he could have sent one of those down there to get Tiffany Case all the whilst he waits for them either in the car or at the oil rig and plus it makes the character look really dumb as this is something that he just freaking wouldn't do at all in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Of course doing the opening titles for this film is the late and most certainly great Maurice Binder who has the honor of dong the titles for all of the official Sir Sean Connery James Bond films. I will have to admit tho that while the titles that he created for this film are indeed very nice and very stunning to look at just like with the sets in this film this films opening titles to me just looked like they were pretty bland and boring which is something that shouldn't even be the case for James Bond opening films titles scene in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

Returning to do her second ever James Bond theme song is of course the great Dame Shirley Bassey with the song in question being called of course Diamonds Are Forever. I will have to admit that out the three James Bond theme songs that Dame Shirley Bassey did for the franchise this one is perhaps my favourite one simply because in it's own unique way it could be seen as a love song about Diamonds and it really does help that not only is song was well sung but is also rather wonderfully sung as well in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.



I just have to talk about this films I guess you could say henchmen in Mr. Wint and Mr. Kid since these two characters are what alot of people seem to remember the most from this film. Since these two characters are very entertaining characters and are very sadistic as well which does make them a genuine threat to Bond's life since we know that these two guys could kill Bond at any moment and the very fact that they don't only makes Bond out to be a better character because of it in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

Now then I cannot for the absolutely live of me remember whatever this films running time even was but I do know that for a fact that this film had a rough running time of roughly two hours and five minuets. Which is a really educated guess since I couldn't find the running time when watching this film but even so this film really did suit this running time as this was nothing more then just a stereotypical james Bond film in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


So now then since this film is an action film that means that I have to actually talk about the actual action that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film and well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual action that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty not that bad. Which isn't a good thing as you usually expect great action from a James Bond film and so then to see just OK looking action isn't a goo thing at all in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Overall this film is one of a few James Bond films that would be perfect films to introduce people to the world if James Bond since it has everything that we've come to expect from a James Bond film in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. Now i've talked about all of the good and as well as all of the bad things that are in this very film in this very review and as such that means that this very film erns itself a grand old score of exactly a 7 out of 10 from me.


Now then as for where I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review well then boys and girls and as well as ladies and gentlemen I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review from the official James Bond fandom wiki page , Wikipedia and Google Images. With my personal favourite website to use to get the images that I used in this very review being the official James Bond fandom wiki page just simply due to the fact that pretty much all of the images that are featured / presented to us and are currently up and also on the official James Bond fandom wiki page are all fairly high quality and as well as being fairly high definition and well then boys and girls just freaking like James Bond I will return.























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Russia With Love Film Review

The James Bond franchise is perhaps one of if not the most famous spy franchise in the whole entire world. With there being over twenty films in this still on going franchise and yet even so every single franchise has to start somewhere with alot of the thigs that we know and love about the James Bonds films oddly enough starting in this very film and so then join me as I review the film that sees the introduction of an iconic James Bond actor and an iconic James Bond villain with the film in question being called simply just "From Russia With Love" enjoy. The plot of the film is when a Soviet consulate clerk wants to defect James Bond is sent to assist her and he has to stop SPECTRE from getting there revenge on him for the death of a fellow SPECTRE agent. Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual plot that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt about the actu

My Personal Top 10 James Bond Title Songs

James Bond fans i'll straight up admit that I didn't want to review another James Bond movie so soon after reviewing two movies in a row. At the same time tho I didn't want to leave you guys without anything and so I spent a few minuets racking my brain on what I could do and I came up with something wholly original i'm going to list my personal top 10 James Bond title songs the key word there being personal so if your favourite songs isn't placed where you want it to be then just look back at that word and the same goes for if your favourite song isn't even featured and i'm not including the theme to Dr. NO because that's the iconic James Bond theme so of course it would be number one so here we freaking go. 10) A View To A Kill (Duran Duran) I'll straight up admit that I haven't seen A View To A Kill in a huge while but the song plays all the time on the radio so i've heard this song alot. To me this is a really solid song

The Spy Who Loved Me Film Review

Even tho the James Bond film franchise is pretty much box office gold today it wasn't always the case as back in the mid seventies the franchise was on the verge of dying out. With both Live And Let Die and The Man With The Golden Gun not getting really that good reviews and not doing that good at the office coupled with the fact that franchise co-producer Harry Saltzman had some serious debts of his own to pay off there really was alot of pressure on this film to succeed to prove to people that James Bond really can survive outside out of the sixties and so then join me as I review the film saved the James Bond franchise with the film in question being called simply just "The Spy Who Loved Me" enjoy. The plot of this film is James Bond is tasked with teaming up a Russian spy in order to stop a reclusive megalomaniac from creating a new world under the sea. Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual plot that's actually featured / presented