Skip to main content

GoldenEye Film Review

 



James Bond fans since the release of the documentary film Goldenera i've been wanting to sit down and review the film that spawned the video game. Well now i'm finally taking the plunge and scratching that itch and well color me surprised by just how good this film is and so then join me as I review the film that helped to bring back the James Bond film franchise with the film in question being called simply just "GoldenEye" enjoy.

The plot of this film is an ex-MI6 agent has gone rogue and wants to cause a global financial meltdown and it's up to James Bond to stop him before it's far to late. Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual plot that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual plot that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty really good with this films plot being genuinely quite entertaining in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


This film is of course the first James Bond film to feature Pierce Brosnan as James Bond with Desmond Llewelyn as Q being the only actor reprising his role from the previous films. Also starring in this film is Dame Judi Dench as M , Samantha Bond as Miss Moneypenny and Michael Kitchen as Bill Tanner. Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty really good with all of the MI6 regulars turning in some really good performances in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

Starring in this films guest cast is Sean Bean as Alec Trevelyan , Izabella Scorupco as Natalya Simonova and Famke Janssen as Xenia Onatopp. Also starring in this film is Joe Don Baker as Jack Wade , Robbie Coltrane as Valentin Zukovsky , Tchéky Karyo as Dimitri Mishkin , Gottfried John as Colonel Arkady Grigorovich Ourumov and Alan Cumming as Boris Grishenko. Noe then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty really good with all of this films cast really knocking it out of the park with their performances in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. 


This films Bond girl is Natalya Simonova who is played by the very seriously stunning Izabella Scorupco. I have to admit that I really didn't like this character simply because she comes across as being a massive waste of potential since it would have been really interesting to see this character seek revenge for the death of her friends and see how that effects her and how that effects James Bond mission but for some strange reason this film this film doesn't do that and that makes her a much less interesting character in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


This films best female bad guy character is quite easily Xenia Onatopp who is played rather wonderfully by the seriously stunning Famke Janssen. I have to admit that I really did find this character to be entertaining as all heck since Famke Janssen is quite clearly having a blast playing this character and that is something that really does shine through into every aspect of the character in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

Out of the two characters it really is hard for me to say which is the better character since both Xenia Onatopp and Natalya Simonova both have there plus sides and there negatives. However if I were pushed i'd say that Xenia is the better character simply just due to how entertaining the character is and that is a huge plus for me since a film is meant to be very entertaining in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


This film is so far the first and only James Bond film to feature a female M and I really do like this version of the character. Since this character starts out really cold towards Bond which is a really interesting way to go with this character since all of the other versions of M have never really been cold towards Bond and yet this one tells Bond what she straight up thinks of him and this sets up a nice little ark where she ends up being more of a mother figure towards Bond by the time we get to Die Another Day in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

Doing the production design for this film is Peter Lamont and well then if you've seen any of my reviews for any of the James Bond films that he's worked on then you'll know that I have very mixed feelings about his sets. However I really didn't like the sets that he created for this film since all of the sets that he created for this film just looked very flat and boring and not at all like something that you'd expect to see from a James Bond film in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. 


Doing the opening titles for this film is of course James Bond opening title regular the great Daniel Kleinman. I really did like the opening titles that he created for this film since his opening titles looked very visually stunning and they really did match the song and film very well and heck i'd go as far as to say that this films opening titles are perhaps some of the best opening titles that we got in the Pierce Brosnan era of James Bond film in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

This films opening title song was also called "Goldeneye" and was sung rather well by singer and actress Tina Turner. This is a really good song but it's quite clearly not the best James Bond theme song which is a shame because this films theme song really did have a lot of pedigree behind it with this song being written by Bono and The Edge from U2 and not really helping things is the fact that this films title song really isn't that well written either in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.



While I do really like the idea of having a rogue MI6 agent doing it so soon after James Bond himself had just gone rogue just seemed lazy to me. Granted there had been a number of years inbetween films at this point they still could have waited at least one film before pulling the trigger on this storyline again since it is something that we had already seen but I will admit that this film did this storyline better then what License To Kill did in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

Now then while I cannot for the absolutely life of me remember whatever this films running time even was I do know that for a fact that this film has / had an exact grand total running time of roughly two hours and five minuets. Which really did flyby which I didn't think would be the case given just how much plot there is in this film and I will admit that this film has  the perfect amount of running time in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


So now then this film is an action film and that means that I have to actually talk about the actual action that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film and well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual action that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty really good. With the tank chase sequence being the best action sequence in the entire movie just simply just due to freaking how over the top it gets in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Overall this film is a great way to reintroduce this character and to update the character of James Bond for the nineties and it really does help that this film is a genuinely quite entertaining film in my freaking opinions anyways /at least. Now then i've talked about all of the good and as well as all of the bad things that are in this very film in this very review and as such that means that this very film erns itself a grand old score of exactly a 7.5 out of 10 from me.

Now then as for where I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review well then boys and girls and as well as ladies and gentlemen I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review from Wikipedia , the official James Bond fandom wiki page and Google Images. With my personal favourite website to use to get the images that I used in this very review being the official James Bond fandom wiki page just simply due to the fact that pretty much all of the images that are featured / presented to us and are currently up and also on the official James Bond fandom wiki page are all fairly high quality and as well as being fairly high definition and well then boys and girls just freaking like James Bond I will return. 






















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Russia With Love Film Review

The James Bond franchise is perhaps one of if not the most famous spy franchise in the whole entire world. With there being over twenty films in this still on going franchise and yet even so every single franchise has to start somewhere with alot of the thigs that we know and love about the James Bonds films oddly enough starting in this very film and so then join me as I review the film that sees the introduction of an iconic James Bond actor and an iconic James Bond villain with the film in question being called simply just "From Russia With Love" enjoy. The plot of the film is when a Soviet consulate clerk wants to defect James Bond is sent to assist her and he has to stop SPECTRE from getting there revenge on him for the death of a fellow SPECTRE agent. Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual plot that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt about the actu

My Personal Top 10 James Bond Title Songs

James Bond fans i'll straight up admit that I didn't want to review another James Bond movie so soon after reviewing two movies in a row. At the same time tho I didn't want to leave you guys without anything and so I spent a few minuets racking my brain on what I could do and I came up with something wholly original i'm going to list my personal top 10 James Bond title songs the key word there being personal so if your favourite songs isn't placed where you want it to be then just look back at that word and the same goes for if your favourite song isn't even featured and i'm not including the theme to Dr. NO because that's the iconic James Bond theme so of course it would be number one so here we freaking go. 10) A View To A Kill (Duran Duran) I'll straight up admit that I haven't seen A View To A Kill in a huge while but the song plays all the time on the radio so i've heard this song alot. To me this is a really solid song

The Spy Who Loved Me Film Review

Even tho the James Bond film franchise is pretty much box office gold today it wasn't always the case as back in the mid seventies the franchise was on the verge of dying out. With both Live And Let Die and The Man With The Golden Gun not getting really that good reviews and not doing that good at the office coupled with the fact that franchise co-producer Harry Saltzman had some serious debts of his own to pay off there really was alot of pressure on this film to succeed to prove to people that James Bond really can survive outside out of the sixties and so then join me as I review the film saved the James Bond franchise with the film in question being called simply just "The Spy Who Loved Me" enjoy. The plot of this film is James Bond is tasked with teaming up a Russian spy in order to stop a reclusive megalomaniac from creating a new world under the sea. Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual plot that's actually featured / presented